The Ecology Party’s 2021 annual meeting will be held on Sunday, December 5th at 10am. Our bylaws require us to save resources, so the meeting will be by phone.
Please contact chair [at] ecologyparty [dot] org to make arrangements. We will need you to send us a copy of your voter’s registration at least 24 hours (preferably a few days) before the meeting to get the phone code to participate.
The Ecology Party leadership has been distressed to see not only the terrible environmental impacts of all the disposables being used this year, due to the Wuhan coronavirus, but we are also very concerned about the erosion of civic and personal liberties promoted by certain factions that are using this virus as an excuse to institute draconian social policies.
For those over 60 years of age, there’s a greater than 98% survival rate with this virus. Overall mortality hasn’t changed, which means there aren’t more people dying than would have died of other causes this year. This is cold-comfort to those who have lost loved ones, naturally, yet perspective must be kept. We encourage you to read this article How Would You Prefer to Spend Your Last Holiday Season and consider the points made there.
Also, we agree with following the below steps that Robert Verkerk, Director of the Alliance for Natural Health International suggests, to try to avert a worsening economic and social catastrophe. We understand that compared to the slanted look mainstream media is presenting, that these statements may seem controversial; we assure that there is solid information to back them up.
- Governments, health authorities, and media should stop engendering fear of the virus and help people understand its impacts in the context of other respiratory diseases.
- Restore democratic process so the people’s concerns can be heard through elected representatives and executive authorities.
- Restore the normal function of society as far as possible by encouraging healthy people to resume normal activities
- Abolish government-mandated social distancing and other policies that serve to delay transmission among healthy people so naturally acquired immunity is raised more quickly.
- Abolish the use of masks and other face coverings in public settings, as there is no scientific basis for their use and they interfere with normal human interaction.
- Focus on efforts to enhance the natural immunity of all populations through encouraging appropriate diet and lifestyle practices.
- Shield vulnerable populations until there’s evidence the virulence of the virus has passed.
- Stop national [SARS-CoV-2] testing programs as they are wasteful of resources, inaccurate, and disproportionately maintain the public’s focus on a single pathogen to propagate continued fear and aversion to it.
See also the ANHI’s comprehensive information at Covid Zone