The Ecology Party’s 2020 annual meeting will be held on Saturday, December 5th at 10am. Our bylaws require us to save resources, so the meeting will be by phone. Please contact chair [at] ecologyparty [dot] org to request the phone code. We will need you to send us a copy of your voter’s registration at least 24 hours before the meeting to get the phone code to participate.
The Ecology Party of Florida is dedicated to our role as an independent party focused on protecting the environment and its residents (plants, other animals, and humans) here in the State of Florida and elsewhere. Please take a look around our website and if our focus resonates with you, register with your local supervisor of elections as an Ecology Party member and let others know about us.
The Ecology Party leadership has been distressed to see not only the terrible environmental impacts of all the disposables being used this year, due to the Wuhan coronavirus, but we are also very concerned about the erosion of civic and personal liberties promoted by certain factions that are using this virus as an excuse to institute draconian social policies.
For those over 60 years of age, there’s a greater than 98% survival rate with this virus. Overall mortality hasn’t changed, which means there aren’t more people dying than would have died of other causes this year. This is cold-comfort to those who have lost loved ones, naturally, yet perspective must be kept. We encourage you to read this article How Would You Prefer to Spend Your Last Holiday Season and consider the points made there.
Also, we agree with following the below steps that Robert Verkerk, Director of the Alliance for Natural Health International suggests, to try to avert a worsening economic and social catastrophe. We understand that compared to the slanted look mainstream media is presenting, that these statements may seem controversial; we assure that there is solid information to back them up.
- Governments, health authorities, and media should stop engendering fear of the virus and help people understand its impacts in the context of other respiratory diseases.
- Restore democratic process so the people’s concerns can be heard through elected representatives and executive authorities.
- Restore the normal function of society as far as possible by encouraging healthy people to resume normal activities
- Abolish government-mandated social distancing and other policies that serve to delay transmission among healthy people so naturally acquired immunity is raised more quickly.
- Abolish the use of masks and other face coverings in public settings, as there is no scientific basis for their use and they interfere with normal human interaction.
- Focus on efforts to enhance the natural immunity of all populations through encouraging appropriate diet and lifestyle practices.
- Shield vulnerable populations until there’s evidence the virulence of the virus has passed.
- Stop national [SARS-CoV-2] testing programs as they are wasteful of resources, inaccurate, and disproportionately maintain the public’s focus on a single pathogen to propagate continued fear and aversion to it.
See also the ANHI’s comprehensive information at Covid Zone
The Ecology Party of Florida continues to fight against the environmentally destructive practice of phosphate mining. We recently submitted the following comments on the proposed settlement between the EPA and Mosaic Fertilizer LLC.
From 2011 to 2015, the EPF has provided public comments on every stage of the phosphate mining AEIS process, including comments on the harmful cumulative effects of fertilizer production and on harms from dumping hazardous waste into municipal water systems for “fluoridation.” The COE and EPA have ignored those comments, so we submitted a 60 day intent to sue notice. At the time, a donor had promised to pay for the law suit. Unfortunately, she reneged, leaving us, and the other organizations who joined in the letter, unable to pay for the suit to go forward.
Clearly the blatant NEPA violations of federal laws by EPA and the COE must be challenged in federal court. This is your opportunity to make a great investment in the environment by helping fund our federal suit and force these agencies to comply with NEPA and all other relevant federal laws. Please contact us for donation logistics.
- Requests that the FDA issue a regulation in 21 CFR Part 250 (or in another appropriate Part) stating that fluoridation chemical additives and fluoridated drinking waters are drugs pursuant to section 201(g)(1) of the FDCA when the intended use is to aid in the prevention, mitigation, and/or prophylactic treatment of dental caries disease (tooth decay, cavities).
You can type your comment into the “Comment” box or you can paste a text-only comment into the “Comment” box (with a maximum of 5000 total characters). You have to put something into the “Comment” box even if it is only a description of your attachments. When other people access this docket, they will see what you put in the “Comment” box, they will be able to read any attachments, and you will only be identified by your country, state or province, and your “category” which I will explain below.